25 Sep Laser Light Therapy for Back and Neck Pain
Laser Light Therapy which is also known as LLLT or Low Level Laser Therapy or “cold laser” is basically a technology used for treating chronic neck and back pain apart from other acute injuries.
This technology has been proven to produce remarkably effective, painless and safe results. LLLT is particularly useful in treating persistent, difficult-to-treat and stubborn conditions which include chronic neck and back pain, plantar fasciitis, arthritis and various other muscle and joint pains. According to pain clinic, laser gives the specialists working with them, great ability towards providing their patients an improvised level of non-invasive, drug-free and safe pain relief along with the accelerated healing of major injuries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-deXpkF4ao0 What does the Treatment Involve? The treatment which is provided using low level laser light involves the use of red as well as near infra-red light on injuries. LED and laser light beams are used for stimulating the cells within the body. This helps in repairing the skin tissues and in reducing inflammation and pain. LLLT is one of the most highly effective treatments for chronic pain syndrome, slow healing injuries and wounds and soft tissue injuries. Therapeutic Benefits Fetched from Laser Therapy Some therapeutic benefits fetched from Laser Therapy include:
- Rapid Cell Repair: The laser light used in this therapy accelerates cellular healing and reproduction.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Low level laser light helps in reducing swelling resulting in less stiffness, decreased pain and faster return to normal muscle and joint function.
- Faster Healing of Wounds: The light used in Laser Therapy stimulates the development of the fibroblast and also helps in accelerating collagen synthesis within the damaged tissue.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Light helps in reducing scar tissue formation resulting in complete healing along with reduced chances of re-injury or weakness later.
- Increased Vascular Activity: The flow of blood in the injured area is increased by the laser light used in the treatment.
- Nerve Function is Stimulated: The nerve cell procedures are speeded up by the laser light. This decreases the numbness and the pain connected with all sorts of nerve-related problems.
Common Conditions Treated Using Laser Light Therapy Common conditions which are treated using Laser Light Therapy include:
- Neck and back pain
- Acute soft tissue injuries like strains and sprains
- Chronic pain syndromes like frozen shoulder, RSI and chronic low back pain
- Non-union fractures and simple fractures
- Diabetic ulcers
- Nerve pain arising out of disc injuries
The Advantages of Laser Light Therapy in Comparison to other Medical Treatments According to back pain specialist , laser light therapy produces quick and safe results. This therapy can immediately be used on pins, injuries, bony prominences and plates. The therapy provides drug-free pain relief without posing any problems for the patient. There are no side-effects associated with the use of this therapy as is common with the use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines. All in all, it can rightly be said that this therapy is not harmful at all and it can produce great results for people suffering from neck and back pain.