22 May The Top 5 Chronic Pain Management Options in Seattle
Chronic pain affects millions of Americans and can be exceptionally depressing. Lost time from work, relationships affected, and inability to participate in recreational activities. Just when you thought you were simply going to have to live with it, that may not be the case with the top Seattle pain management doctors.
Here are the top 5 ways that Seattle pain doctors can make your chronic pain a thing of the past:
1. TENS Unit – These devices are approximately the size of an ipod and work on batteries. They attach to one’s belt, and emit slight electrical impulses through foam pads on the skin. They are very effective at altering the way the brain perceives pain signals.
2. Medication Management -While chronic medications are not a complete answer for chronic pain, they can work exceptionally well in conjunction with interventional treatments. For instance, when an individual has failed back surgery with back pain and leg pain, neurogenic stabilizing medications such as Neurontin or Lyrica may help. When the chronic pain gets severe, narcotics may be very helpful for short term use.
3. Radiofrequency Ablation – this has been one of the most revolutionary treatments for chronic back or neck pain in the 21st Century. The RFA is performed by Seattle pain management doctors as an outpatient, and takes under an hour. What occurs is that the physician heats up the tiny sensory nerves, deadening them.
The radiofrequency procedure may provide pain relief for up to 18 months for back or neck pain. It’s now also being used for occipital neuralgia, SI joint pain, abdominal/pelvic pain and more. Studies have shown that if the pain relief wears off, then a repeat procedure typically provides the same amount of relief.
4. Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant – this procedure has also been one of the most revolutionary procedures of the 21st Century. The procedure involves placement of a battery powered stimulator underneath the skin, with wires going around the spinal cord.
The stimulator has over 200 programs that are able to be used for covering a person’s pain. What the stimulator does is change the way the person “feels” the pain. It can turn the pain into a tingling sensation instead of a painful one. It’s been remarkable for patients who have chronic pain and no other options.
5. Occipital Block/Botox Injections/Transcranial Stimulation – These treatments work amazingly well for chronic migraines. With chronic migraines affecting over 10% of the population, it’s a significant problem that can turn one’s life into a nightmare.
However, there are effective treatments available. Occipital blocks or Botox injections can help reduce both the frequency and severity of migraines. In addition, transcranial stimulation works very well for the same purpose.
The top Seattle pain clinic is Seattle Pain Relief. A Double Board Certified doctor offers all of the above treatments, with exceptionally high success rates at relieving pain from all conditions. Most insurance is accepted, and patients are seen from a broad area including Tacoma, Seattle and Federal Way.
Call (855) WASH-PAIN today!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.