01 May Options for Pain Relief with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
What is Failed Back Surgery Syndrome?
Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS) is also known as failed back syndrome. It happens when a patient experiences back and leg pain after undergoing spinal surgery. In such cases, the doctor can perform a corrective surgery to remove the problem but if they can’t, pain management become a priority.
What are the Main Causes of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome?
The main causes of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome may occur during or after surgery. They comprise;
- Lack of enough nerve root decompression during the surgery.
- Damage to the nerves
- Failure to fuse with subsequent pain and possibly hardware failure
- Wrong surgery was performed
- Subsequent breakdown of spinal levels above or below those operated on.
- Scar tissue that damages nerve roots after the procedure.
Symptoms of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome?
The pain that occurs during the process of failed back surgery depends on the main source of the pain and the problem to be resolved. The main symptoms of failed back surgery syndrome include;
- Continuous chronic pain in the back and possibly legs too.
- Inability to heal quickly
- Restricted mobility and stability
- Pain around the area treated
- Back spasms
- Anxiety and depression
- Pain originating from the back of the legs
What are the Treatment Options for Pain Relief with Failed Back Surgery Syndrome?
Failed back surgery syndrome (FBSS) is a bit of a task when it comes to its treatment since it is difficult to ascertain the failure of an operation designed to alleviate the symptoms of this illness. There are effective treatment options available at the top Seattle pain clinics though.
Available and effective treatment options with Seattle pain management doctors include:
- Facet Blocks
- Medial Branch Blocks
- Trigger Point Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant
- Chiropractic and Physical Therapy
When it comes to failed back surgery syndrome, effective treatment can provide pain relief that allows the person to get back to work, playing with the kids, and participating in recreational activities.
Seattle Pain Relief offers the top treatments in Federal Way, Tacoma and Seattle. Most insurance is accepted, and treatment is offered with a Double Board Certified pain physician.
Call (855) WASH-PAIN today!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.